With this recipe you get a delicious alternative accessory – instead of, for example, potatoes or pasta.
It requires a little preparation, as the pearl barley must be cooked first – but once it is done, it only takes 10 minutes to finish the dish. It is also obvious to use a leftover cooked rice or boiled bulgur (about 400 grams) if you have it left in the fridge.
At the bottom of the post you can see a video where our kitchen manager, Hanne, guides you on how to make the dish.
What you need:
200 g pearl barley
250 g mushrooms, sliced
150 g onions, diced
2 tbsp. oil
200 g fresh spinach
50 g parmesan cheese, in flakes
1 dl vegetable
broth Juice and zest from a lemon
Salt and pepper
Here’s how you do it:
- Cook the pearl barley according to the instructions on the package. Add if necessary. a little vegetable broth for the boiling water
- Heat the oil on the pan
- Grate mushrooms and onions until the liquid has evaporated
- Add the cooked pearl barley
- Add the vegetable broth and heat the dish through
- Turn spinach and parmesan cheese in
- Season with grated lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper
The dish can be served as an accompaniment to a piece of meat or as a vegetarian with a mixed salad.
|Pr. 100 g||115||4,5||5||14||1|